23.9.09

Poster #1 (Bard Style)

This was my first poster and it was in the style of Bard. I used his Illustrator-esque style, the font Broadway, and some combined vector shapes to make a poster-ad for a fake fundraiser for an animal charity, as my word was 'hope' and I made it into a puppy. To make the lamp shape and the spotlight shape I used the same technique of taking a triangle and ellipse shape, combining, and then expanding the shape to make it into one. The background was one burgundy colored rectangle with thin ellipses in a lighter color to give the illusion of a stage curtain; I also did the same thing with the floor. The white was used in the text to make the letters stand out more from the background. The forms and content of this poster clearly show the idea of the poster; it also shows several principles of design (shape, color).

No comments:

Post a Comment